What multiple do you charge for enterprise SLAs?

I have a standard 99.99% uptime SLA for all “enterprise” customers — no term negotiations. Currently, I don’t offer an SLA for non-enterprise customers. For the enterprise SLA, I’m doing a variable 2–10x multiple on their subscription price, depending on projected volume. Minimum contract is $999/yr. But the more conversations I’ve had this year around SLAs, the more I feel I’m selling myself short here pricing-wise. Thoughts? What do you charge for an enterprise SLA?

We charge between $6K / month and $15K / month for custom SLA, which is x6-x10 of the average monthly subscription price. We outsource actual support to the partner.

We also offer subscription-based extended support which includes a fixed number of support hours per month (6-10 or custom). It is cheaper.

2 Likes

But the more conversations I’ve had this year around SLAs, the more I feel I’m selling myself short here pricing-wise.

It seems to me you are indeed selling yourself short.

People who need SLAs are unlikely to be price-conscious.

Our standard price is $99/month.

We haven’t yet been asked for a SLA, but if we do, I’ll quote $1000/month, payable a year in advance.

1 Like

If you charge for a SLA, do you actually do something to increase uptime? Like adding redundant servers, failover dbs, …?

@unboot I can’t speak for the others, but no — because I already have all of those things. But I do credit their account in the event downtime does occur that causes a failure to meet the SLA.

1 Like

We charge for guaranteed response and remediation time. Never for extra digits after the decimal point.

2 Likes