I turned some data from Google Search Console for my site into a chart.
I guess most everyone here is keenly aware how important it is to rank highly in Google for search terms.
But to emphasise this, I charted keywords:
- from the last 28 days; for which
- I had at least 10 impressions; and
- ranked on average in the top 10 positions (front page of Google results)
- If a result has position 5 or worse, then the click-through rate is typically single digit.
- Position 1 has a CTR typically twice as high as position 2
- If the average position is 2.5 or worse, the CTR rate is 25% at best.