Hi! I'm Noah Everett from Pingly.com

Hello everyone! Glad to have found this community as I’m looking for help as a first time SaaS boostrapper and hopefully (eventually) be able to give back to the discussions and help others.

I recently launched my first SaaS Pingly - Pingly is email and chat for your team

At its core Pingly is an email platform that hosts email for you on your domain (no need for gmail, outlook etc). It also integrates team chat into the same interface. I spend a good chunk of my day in email and chat and found context switching between the two clunky. Example: instead of forwarding an email to a co-worker share it with them in a chat channel that also auto-updates with new emails as they come in. Or if you’re just looking for email for your business or side-project, Pingly hosts it for free.

I’m a developer / designer by trade so I’m now learning how to market a SaaS and acquire my first 100 users (we have just a handful now).

Areas I’m needing help:

• Is my messaging clear?
  • Is my landing page any good or just garbage?
  • Does this sound useful to anyone else?
  • Is it clear that Pingly can be used by a “team” of one (email hosting) or many (team chat)?

Any help or feedback (good or bad) is much appreciated!

– Noah (a developer trying to learn how to launch / market a SaaS :laughing:)

1 Like

Hi Noah,

Your page starts with “Pingly. A beautiful communication hub
you and your team will love”. This is a nice line, but it doesn’t state problem you solve or even why I would love it (beauty is not enough :stuck_out_tongue:).

I wouldn’t over think the landing page at the start. Startup landing pages rarely need design work…they just need traffic. (although it does look like you designed the page on a very large screen: https://kol.how/w3Es6n).

-Scott

1 Like

“Pingly is email and chat for your team” is what it should say in your header or tagline.

I assume this is how you describe your product to friends and acquaintances. If so, then it is also a good way to describe it strangers on the Internet who find your site.

Currently your marketing copy clashes with your sign-up page’s text. When I clicked “Get started”, I suddenly discover what this product is:

“Setup email for your domain in just a few minutes”

The name pingly made me think this was going to be a monitoring tool based on the ping command. I guess that’s a problem if your target audience is software developers - probably many developers would also be confused by the name. But if you are aiming at other people, the name is probably fine.

Thanks for the feedback Scott! I had a feeling I should be more plain in my wording. I’ll work on fixing the width issue too.

Thanks again!

Thanks Steve that’s great feedback. I’ll work on making the copy more clear and consistent. Thanks again!

Hi Noah,

To add to the good advice of @SteveMcLeod, I’d consider, “Pingly is email and chat combined for a more productive team” or variations thereof. The value-add of Pingly is combining into one service two things that separate.

Other feedback: “email for free” reeks of spam - I’d lose that. Show in the gif someone getting a customer email, turning that email into a slack-like message requesting help then getting help.

Quick question - How do you like Ghost? Would you recommend it to other startups?

Cheers,
Bob

Thanks for the feedback Bob! To help clarify: “email for free” sounds like spam. Do you mean it sounds like you’ll receive it or that pingly is used for sending it?

Re: Ghost: I like it a lot, simple UI and easy writing experience. Just working on getting a better theme for our blog now.

Thanks again!

Hi Noah,

My problem is that the word “free” is a spammy word for consumers. What do you do if you land on a site that says Free? You leave.

Really, “free” has no place on a business site because the whole idea of “business” is that people/companies pay real money for a real service.

Charge for the value you provide and don’t be shy about it!

Pardon my rant, but I think that one word has killed a thousand startups.

Thanks for the info re Ghost; I’ve been all over the place - WP, gatsby, Jekyll - looking for the right combo of ease, speed, and plenty of functionality. Good to know you’d recommend Ghost.

Cheers,
Bob