Bootstrapped.fm episode 106: Sylvestre Dupont – Cofounder of Parseur

In this episode I’m joined by Sylvestre Dupont (@SlyBridges), cofounder of Parseur.

We discuss how bootstrapping allowed Sylvestre and his wife to move to Mauritius, the pure elation of getting that first sale, and using Quora and Zapier for leads. We go off topic and discuss travelling the world by cargo ship.

Listen to the episode here.

1 Like

Great first episode! I really enjoyed the digressions into living on Mauritius and travelling by cargo ship.

2 Likes

Thanks Andy! I enjoyed the digressions too.

Liked the episode very much!

One request for the next interviews: can you ask about MRR and plan sizes (if they are willing to share)? That says a lot about different SaaS businesses.

Keep on going!

2 Likes

One request for the next interviews: can you ask about MRR and plan sizes

I can try… I guess a lot of people don’t to share too much about the finances, but some people would be open to it.

That says a lot about different SaaS businesses.

Good point!

BTW: The next two episodes are already recorded and waiting to be published.

Glad you liked it :slight_smile:

can you ask about MRR and plan sizes (if they are willing to share)?

Parseur’s MRR is in the 5 digits band. Our public price range is 49€ - 249€ / £49 - £249 / $59 - $299 (we price dynamically with Priceur based on the user’s country).

We also have some heavy users on Enterprise plans that spend way above our top public plan.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. And congrats for reaching the 5 digits band. That is enough information, because I have no experience in your market, and I could not estimate if you make 100, 1000, 10000 or 10000 MRR.

1 Like

(A technical note: was very hard to listen while driving. Steve’s setup was good, but Sylvestre’s setup had a strong echo and the level was low, too. Needs some sound editor work.)

During the episode I was not sure what Parseur is actually useful for. Maybe some more detailed use-cases were in order. Afterwards I went to the site and found that it is actually a very cool tool and the use cases are countless! Awesome!

2 Likes

Hi @rfctr,

Sorry about the echo. Mauritius doesn’t have any building regulations, so you can end up with some oddities. My office is setup in a room on the first floor of the villa in pretty-looking pointy roof as you look at it from the outside… but inside, it makes a room with a very high ceiling (maybe 10m / 30ft at the highest) and a “lovely” echo :-/

I note that I may need to improve my elevator pitch too!

No problem :slight_smile: only a few of us have a good soundproof space to talk remotely. My point was that the episode should probably by handed over for a sound post-processing. I’m not an expert, but I suspect there are algos that reduce or remove the echo.

1 Like