A Boostrapped.fm meetup in Vegas during Microconf?

So, Microconf tickets went on sale today (early bird). I know that @ian is going because he was invited to speak. I don’t know if I am. But I was thinking that if enough people from here are going to be there, maybe we can all get together for an informal Bootstrapped.fm drinks meetup of some sort. I’d go for that.

Anyway. Chime in if you’ll be at Microconf and if you’d be up for meeting up. Hopefully it won’t sell out by the time my lazy butt decides to go.

EDIT – looks like they sold out already. Fast! Oh well.

I wil be attending MicroConf and would love to be part of a meetup.

I screwed up and missed my chance to buy a ticket. But I’m halfway tempted to go to Vegas anyway and try to hang out with some folks.

I’m going and would like to meet y’all.

I am in as well. and these are extra words so I can reply.

1 Like

I’m going too. Count me in for a meetup.

I wonder if there’s anything Sunday night or does it just start Monday morning? Maybe we could do something either Sunday during the day if there is a night thing or else at night.

MicroConf opens with a reception Sunday evening. Ends with a reception Tuesday night.

Last year, the Tuesday night reception lasted all night. As I was walking out Wednesday morning, wheeling my checked baggage through the Club Tower of the Tropicana, I could see people still in the same clothes from the night before, making great connection talking about their businesses. Rob and Mike mentioned this on their wrap-up podcast immediately following MicroConf, how they got little or no sleep Tuesday night staying up late talking with other entrepreneurs.

I’ve got my MicroConf ticket, so I’ll see you all there.

This is my first post here!

@ian, love your podcast! I commute 3-4 hours each day, so I get a lot of podcast listening in during the week. Your podcast gives me inspiration to keep toiling away on my startup, when I can find time to work on it nights and weekends (hopefully, I can have my MVP launched by MicroConf this year). I also listen to Startups for The Rest of Us, Bootstrapped with Kids with Brecht Polombo, and Mixergy. Once in a while I’ll tune into Foolish Adventure, Tropical MBA/LBP, Techzing, and a few others.

[/first pos!]

I’ll be there as well. MicroConf has sold out FAST every year because there are only 128 tickets available. Best to get on the mailing list to get first crack at them: http://microconf.com.

There are events scheduled every night Sunday through Tuesday night. A number of folks stay through Wed so maybe something can be arranged. But the evening events are informal so you could have a meetup within the event if you wanted.

Looking forward to meeting folks in Vegas!

Perhaps Sunday before the real event? Just grab a drink or a coffee or what not and chill for an hour then head over to the reception?

I’ll be there with my partner Joelle! We’d be up for a meetup

Awesome. Well seems like there’ll at least be a small group or more who’d be up for it. Let’s wait on word from Rob on the schedule and then we’ll work off that to pick the best time/place.

I’m up for meeting. My flight comes in at 2:30pm on Sunday and the reception is at 7:00. I’d be up for a drink or even an early dinner.

Last year I helped to organize a gathering for new attendees and anyone else that wanted to join before the 7pm drinks get together. I would like to do that again in a better setting this year.

Monday and Tuesday night dinners are not provided and having a BootFM “dinner” might work well. Techzing has had a dinner as well previously. Last year’s dinner was not pre-planned so I had plans and missed it. The dinner as done by TZ is to have listeners at the same table(s) and everyone gets their own bills (non-TZ dinners are the same).

I think there were more tickets this year. The last two years at least one ticket became available so you may still be able to get one.

ah, I thought someone above said there was something planned each night. Or just that dinner isn’t included but there’s an evening party or something?

There is an evening drinks each night (Sunday-Tuesday) but dinner and breakfast are on your own.

2012 was my first year and I knew no-one and the attempt to setup a dinner before the Sunday drinks failed. That was why I started the get-together last year to have a common meetup place that would be helpful and I think it sort of worked. It worked because we had about 25-30 people. It did not work because the food court at the Tropicana is limited. So this year I will be looking at local places to find a better place to meet.

I’m coming in on Sunday so I’m up for something.

Cool, I’d love to come to whatever pans out.

I’m also game for getting together Sunday afternoon or Monday night.

Cool. I’m thinking maybe Monday night if there’s nothing planned until later at the conf.