A Boostrapped.fm meetup in Vegas during Microconf?

Sunday there’s a reception for attendees but that’s not until 7:00pm, so plenty of time before to meetup. Monday and Tuesday night will be Microconf events, but always on our own for dinner.

Sunday afternoon there was a lot of time before the evening reception where folks met up in the Tropicana food court for conversation and networking. That’s a great time to hold a meetup.

Monday and Tuesday, after the talks, you were on your own for dinner, then you were supposed to reconvene for the evening reception. On both nights, it seemed that a bunch of us split up into groups of 10-12 people and went en masse for dinner, which was a great way to spend more time getting to know one another. That’s another opportunity for a meetup. Get the word out that people are going a certain direction for dinner.

Some of my favorite conversations happened during dinner with other attendees. When we arrived back at the reception after dinner both evenings, I was surprised to see that the Tropicana had laid out quite a nice spread of food that could’ve/should’ve just been dinner. Ample time before the evening reception each day for a meetup.

I’ll be attending my first MicroConf this year. I’m also Las Vegas local, so I can give some advice or suggestions about what to do or where to go :smile:

1 Like

That’s it, we’re all crashing at Tony’s place! :smile:

1 Like

I’ll be at Microconf as well (I missed my ticket, but was one of the 1st ones to get on the waiting list).
I’m flying in Sunday evening, so obviously would love to do this monday/tuesday :))

Actually, how about wednesday? Right after the conference.

This will be my first Microconf. I would definitely be up for dinner, drinks, etc.

Coming to Microconf for the first time as well. From Russia :slight_smile: I wonder how many international guests are attending.

Will be thrilled to meet you guys! Keeping hand on the pulse for whatever time you choose — myself flying in Sunday or even earlier.

2 Likes

There is a new thread in the Microconf site about the meetup. “PreConference Get-Together”

I totally missed the boat on microconf tickets unfortunately otherwise I would have loved to go.

Question: I presume there is no way to get in now? Is anybody selling tickets?

As a plan B I could actually hop over to Vegas just for the meetup (I live in LA). But it would have to take place outside the conference. If there is a chance of this happening please let me know, I would really like to meet all of you in person.

Thanks!

This will be my first Microconf as well. Comming from Brazil (@uibreakfast +1 in your list!).

I will arrive on Friday and would love to meet whenever is best for you guys.

@andrea the idea is to meet Sunday at 4h30 pm, right? where? @tony’s place? :slight_smile:

Oh, so there are some international guests — @fredguth, will be great to meet you!

1 Like

@fredguth ,

There is a thread in the microconf site with information about the time and place. I will create another thread when I can think up a name to brand it so we can all keep in touch about it.

1 Like

@uibreakfast ,

There will be people from overseas. At least two Australians as well as Fred and yourself.

I’m in for this meetup!

I’m arriving Sunday afternoon. Pre-reception hangout / dinner sounds excellent.

Turns out there’s a speaker dinner before the reception so I probably won’t be able to catch anything, but I’ll be around earlier in the day so perhaps I can meetup with some folks in the afternoon. Maybe we can organize in here on Sunday.

Already in Vegas, I will be checking #microconf in Twitter. See you all!