@peldi continues this mini-season as he chats with married couple Geraldine DeRuiter (author) and Rand Fishkin (software founder) on how their fields differ - and how they are more similar than you’d think.
Peldi, Geraldine, and Rand discuss:
- How the software industry is less special that we think
- Dealing with the loneliness and isolation of being a founder or author
- Managing your own psychology
- How a supportive partner shares your mental ups and downs
- The value of having a peer group (aka friends) for mutual support
- The challenge to ignore the VC hype machine
Geraldine’s blog: The Everywhereist.
Rand’s company SparkToro.
You can also watch this episode on YouTube.