#155: Competing in a crowded market with Alex Yumashev of Jitbit

@jitbit tells us how he manages to compete successfully in the crowded help desk software market with only 3 employees.

We discuss:

• the importance of industry knowledge,
  • the customer awareness funnel,
  • advanced SEO techniques,
  • bringing on a co-founder after you’ve already got traction.

You can also listen to and download this episode here.

Is there a video of Alex talk at Microconf 2015 somewhere? I can’t seem to find it.

Great episode as always. Thanks!

I don’t think the talks from MicroConf Europe in 2015 were ever made available online. Perhaps they weren’t recorded.

I’ve just asked Rob Walling. Will let you know when I find out.

BTW: If practical, when it eventually becomes safe to meet up in real life again, you should come to our infrequent bootstrapper lunches in Barcelona! Until COVID struck, we were meeting up once every two or three months.

MicroConf has confirmed that MicroConf Europe 2015 wasn’t recorded. Only 2019 was recorded in Europe.

So good memories of MicroConf Europe in 2015!

And Alex’s talk was really a highlight. Here’s some more infor from Alex:

Thanks folks.

BTW: If practical, when it eventually becomes safe to meet up in real life again, you should come to our infrequent bootstrapper lunches in Barcelona! Until COVID struck, we were meeting up once every two or three months.

Steve, I’ll keep that in mind.

Thanks for the links, unboot.

MicroConf has confirmed that MicroConf Europe 2015 wasn’t recorded. Only 2019 was recorded in Europe.

I’ve found some here, but Alex talk is not: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwcQbu9cKWckB67KY4qfPOuXHOrRwyG_Y

Those are from MicroConf in the USA. MicroConf Europe, where Alex spoke that year, was not recorded unfortunately.

Luckily there were some excellent talks in the USA version!

Alex’s blog is quite interesting. Articles are short and to the point, and it’s a real personal blog for other guys like us, not done for SEO purposes. Recommended:

1 Like