I recently launched a tool to help subscription based companies that use Stripe to launch and run affiliate and referral programs. I built the tool because I encountered the issue on all my past SaaS products I had, where I couldn’t find a reliable and relatively cheap tool to track my affiliate commissions and manage my promoters.
I’m looking for some feedback on the website copy and maybe on the UI(you can create a free account).
This is my first time targeting SaaS companies and I found it to not be as easy as I expected to get new users. Unlike other customer types I worked with, SaaS founders/marketers seem rely a lot on trust and recommendations to make decisions about a product, especially if it needs to be integrated into their own SaaS and the real value is seen in months, not days(the opposite of Baremetrics type of tools for ex). @SteveMcLeod maybe can help with some suggestions here.
For you guys who are targeting SaaS companies, can you give some ideas for acquiring new users?
Here are some ideas I have:
- build some kind of side-project and drive sign-ups from there
- cold contacting SaaS companies(tried with very low success rate, is hard to find companies exactly when they are looking to start an affiliate program)
- build a facebook group
- facebooks ads(budget is limited though)
- post on (very few) SaaS groups on Facebook(already done that)
- contact SaaS consultants and build partnerships(starting doing that, works, but very slow)
- start a blog with topics for SaaS companies(this will be a problem because I hate writing articles so I need to outsource)
Posting on HN,Reddit, etc doesn’t work, lots of hits, no leads or very poor lead quality.
I know that when I get past a number of users, word of mouth will kick in and I will have it easier to get new users, but until then is quite a struggle and a lot of patience is needed.
Here’s the website https://firstpromoter.com