What's your non-software dream?

Sure thing! I’m hoping I can blog about it later with lots of details, maybe even conversion rates etc. It’s maybe not that exciting because we don’t own the venue, we’re starting with a one-off night to test the waters and only hoping to breakeven… but it’s been interesting to me.

High-level summary is that some venues let you rent the club for a night & take all the door sales (at a price you set), as long as you guarantee a minimum bar spend, and cover any damage by your customers/guests.

My dream is to visit every country in the world. I’m more than halfway there already…

2 Likes

Great question!

As others have mentioned, I’d love to get into wood- and metalworking. Particularly, I’d love to build furniture. I’d also like to build a house somewhere rural, but I imagine that would be more working with contractors and builders rather than doing it myself. Unless my woodworking skills really take off…

But generally, living the bon vivant life, complete with plenty of travel, cooking, and perhaps a bit of wine tasting sounds like it would be pretty agreeable. Yeah, I could deal with that.

4 Likes

I’d like to have an aquaponics farm, learn how to make hip hop beats, buy my mom a house and run a marathon (again).

2 Likes

I have done wood working and it is very enjoyable. I recommend going with as many hand tools as possible. I also really enjoy landscape photography.

I wonder if lots of carpenters also want to be software entrepreneurs? ;0)

5 Likes

I think that many software people would have been artisans in the past… It is very difficult to make a living at a manual trade today (more artzy such as furniture, lutherie, coach building… etc)…

I tried to take two sabatical years to play in my garage… it became boring real fast… Some things are best left as a hobby… lol