What do you use for website Funnel Conversion metrics?

I used Mixpanel for our new product and it worked well. It’s free for a fairly low traffic website.
If you use Google Analytics, I’d love to know whether you can get good Funnel Conversion metrics (for each step of your funnel)

I am now updating our “old” product line website and thought “hey, I’ll use Google Analytics”.
But I’ve always found the Reporting to be inscrutable. And I can’t wrap my head around it. I look at part of a report and think “OK, that would mean I should see ABC in another report” and then I see something very different. And I get no answers when I post things like the conflicting results like this:

I just want to make sure that I’ve given Google Analytics a “fair shake”. (I don’t even know why I’m going to that trouble :smile:
-Clay

I use Kissmetrics, but it’s not free. Very easy to read funnel analytics with good visualizations. In this case, you get what you pay for. I don’t think GA does a good job with funnels at all, IMO. Too inscrutable for the busy person.

Ugh, my old company launched a product that did exactly what you’re looking for. Unfortunately there wasn’t enough demand (or we weren’t marketing it right) and it was shut down just a few months ago.

Instead, check out HotJar or HeapAnalytics.

Is there a reason you’re not using Mix Panel on the old product line? I thought it provided funnel conversation metrics?

Agree that Google Analytics is junk unless you’re prepared to invest an awful lot of time and energy in to it.

NO, no reason.
I just thought “I’m being dense if I can’t figure out GA. So I’ll try. I did, It sucks. Moving on to Mixpanel”

Kissmetrics here as well - their onboarding was quite an amazing experience. Two calls (1x1h and 1x15m) to walk through their software using my account - was worth it just to be on the receiving side of onboarding!

Been using it for a couple of months now and quite impressed with it.