What are your must-read business books?

Looking to add more books to my shelf, preferably ones that’ll help me improve my business -management skills. Any suggestions?

In all seriousness:

1. The Utopia of Rules: On Technology, Stupidity, and the Secret Joys of Bureaucracy. (David Graeber)
  2. On Bullshit (Harry Frankfurt)
  3. Neurotic Styles (David Shapiro)

The Art of War, of course is a classic. It may seem antiquated at first, but many of those lessons apply to management today as well.

It’s not specifically business management, but I found: Zero to One to be a great book.

REWORK is a great book. https://37signals.com/rework

2 Likes

When you say that you want to improve your business management skills, what areas are you looking to improve and to what end?

I really think that context would help to get some more tailored recommendations from the people here.

1 Like

Anything you want by Derek Sivers. Same kind of approach as Basecamp, I love it.

2 Likes

Choose Yourself by James Altucher. And plus a billionty for anything Derek Sivers says or writes or does.

1 Like

I’ve read The E-Myth Revisited and Zero to One during the past six months, and both of them were full of great new ideas. I think the next business books on my list will probably be Work the System and Turning Pro.

1 Like