The 7 Day Startup Experiment

Hey Brian,

I’m the founder of ShopEnhancer.com . Nice to see that there’s competition :slight_smile: This in fact further proves that both our ideas are valid. Just wanted to clear things up. We soft launched Shop Enhancer a week ago and have had one or two paid signups before the launch. So we’ve been building this since the last month. And we’ve tried posting to Product Hunt since a week or so ago but just got featured by a Hunter today :slight_smile:

Not being rude or anything. Just letting you guys know that we didn’t copycat it. And it’s nice to see that you guys are live! Your site looks cool!

1 Like

I totally understand. Waking up this morning to see your service featured on Product Hunt sort of blew my mind on the day of our launch. The timing seems like a huge coincidence.

If you say that you didn’t copy us and that you’ve been working on this for weeks, then I believe you.

After all, we both are taking the model from Dan Norris and doing our best to make it our own. With 140,000 stores on Shopify there is plenty of room for us to both do well.

Good luck!

Yeah, I get what you mean. I’d have had the same reaction with such timing.

Yeah, WPCurve has been the biggest inspiration for us and we owe them for the model. Yeah there’s plenty of room for both of us to do well. Lets keep in touch. Excited to see how it goes for you.

Thanks and best of luck to you too!

Final update:

We did a podcast episode to brain dump on the final result. It didn’t turn out like we thought it would, but we learned a lot. Very valuable experience for us.

Listen to the episode here: http://retromocha.com/show/5/

Would love any feedback if you’ve had similar experiences.

Hey guys - I just want to say… I didn’t copy you guys… I copied Dan Norris. Anyway, I just launched http://planda.co a 24/7 Support company. Oh, and we do unlimited quick fixes.

Would love some feed back from anybody who has or previously has a similar company. Even a “Hey you’re a copy cat” would be appreciated. :smile:

If there isn’t anything to be said that was already said feel free to not respond. I’ve been looking through the last posts and the corresponding links thoroughly.

Thanks!