I’m experimenting with engaging with my newsletter subscribers more.
The goal is to narrow them down to the ones that are mostly likely to buy so I can do focus on them. This is high touch sales, but luckily I actually enjoy talking to customers IF they seem like potential customers. (My market has plenty of people looking for magic. And unfortunately, the more they want/need, the more optimistic they are… until its time to buy)
Features I’m looking for:
(in descending order of importance)
- Send out a Survey and have the completed survey update that subscribers record. (You don’t’ want to ask a zillion questions on signup, but you DO want to get info on what subscribers want)
- Resend an email if the user never opened it (or clicked no links in it).
- Easily have an IF…THEN flow control. (Send Survey. If not Answered, Send Again. If answered, and Age>65, Send $RetirementInfo)
- In the IF THEN, wire up multiple Outcomes to the same Message. (I.e., so I can have One message (Want a free 1:1 Tour) which can be reached from multiple other paths, so I only need to MODIFY that message in one place.
- Trigger the next email (or a new campaign series) based on user OPENING or CLICKING a link.