LinksSpy.com - Monthly Income Report November 2014

Hi everyone,

I just posted the newest income report for LinksSpy.com

Cheers,
Christoph

3 Likes

I will disappoint everyone around me and be ridiculed forever

:slight_smile: You should (re)watch “Attack of the Killer App” episode of Futurama to remember that Internet shame is very short-lived.

1 Like

Nice! Of all the marketing channels you’ve tried, what’s your best source of signups so far?

Also, if you get a freelance developer you want to keep, give them more than 5 hrs/week of work so you can remain a priority for them. Everybody has trouble making “small” projects a priority, and great devs have loads of good projects competing for their attention, so they’re likely to wander off. I’d shoot for something like 15 hrs/week, minimum.

Hi Corey,

best marketing channel so far: SEO - i.e. producing content and getting links to it.
You have almost complete control over the channel, it is repeatable, and the long-term ROI is massive.

Re “developer”: It is working good so far (hard to tell after ~ 1 month) and my developer is working full time in a startup of his own. I don’t think he wants to give up on the startup :smile:

Cheers,
Christoph

Ah ok - sounds like a great arrangement for both of you then. Thanks for posting these updates.

1 Like

Nice work and a nice jump in mrr. Is there a special factor you attribute that jump to or a combination of things snowballing? It sounds like the seo/content marketing is really helping out. Is there anything special you do when a new article is posted to get the word out or is it all just organic?

1 Like

Nice work man!! That’s a solid revenue bump!

1 Like

I am impressed by how quickly you are growing. Good luck in getting that churn down!

1 Like

Hi Derrick,

Much of the revenue bump came from people who found LinksSpy through ProductHunt.

My articles are mostly written by a freelancer who has a bit of an audience, so he promotes them to his audience as well. Additionally, I try to send them my existing email list, but somehow I forget about that practically every week.

Cheers,
Christoph

Hi Christoph, it was great to meet you at Microconf – congrats on the early growth of LinksSpy! Look forward to following your updates. Cheers, David

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this. It’s really helpful to see behind the scenes and the raw numbers!

1 Like