I wanted to learn how to create and deliver a project that was simple enough for one person to build and something people wanted. I went through the process of identifying ideas that were worthwhile to build and chose one TrixCamp.
Essentially for me it came down to identifying these things:
- Why - Problem you’re having
- How - Solution you’re proposing
- What - Benefits it will provide
- Goals - Short and long term ideas about what your project will achieve.
- Income - Subscription, ads, single purchase, hourly or is it for fun?
- Minimum Viable Product Features
- Ideas - For the long term what would be beneficial features
The learning project I built was called TrixCamp. A simple, distraction free writing app based on Basecamp’s trix-editor.
I documented the process in a couple blog posts but this was the best one.
The more elaborate version of the above.