Launched NoPub, looking for feedback

Frequent poster, first time shameless self-promoter.

I just launched NoPub OnePage.

If you’re a user of Notion: OnePage allows you to publish a Notion page on the internet.

(If you’re not a user of Notion, you should try it out).

I’m looking for feedback, of any kind.

Is the landing page confusing? Can you see yourself using it? What are the most urgent features missing?

For background: I’m really taking “if you’re not embarrassed then you launched too late” to heart.

It works but is bare bones. I have a short-term list of improvements (themes, analytics, bug fixes) and a long list of longer-term features.

The overall idea is to make it the simplest way to publish words on the internet.

I’ve been using Notion for a while and I noticed it’s the most friction less way to write. Less friction has non-linear effect on how much I write.

I then build a custom toolchain so that I can write my blog / personal website in Notion and publish on the web.

NoPub is my attempt to make similar functionality available to other people. You write in Notion and publish to web with my app.

The use cases I see:

• in personal context: writing an article, a collection of articles, a book, a personal blog
  • in context of a company: documentation for your software, company blog, knowledge base

This is not a website builder, though.

It’s for publishing writing of various kinds, not designing non-trivial websites.

Congrats on creating and sharing this publicly.

The feedback below probably sounds harsh but I don’t intend it to. I’m just dumping the thoughts going through my head.

We use Notion a lot at Feature Upvote.

As our Notion account has lots of sensitive data, I wouldn’t even be willing to try what you are offering unless the landing page explained a lot more about how it works. Especially what access your app has to my Notion account. Does data pass through this app? Where is it hosted? How can I unpublish?

Notion seems to already offer an easy way to share a page publicly. At the top of every Notion page there’s a “Share” button with a “Public access” option. Why would I choose your product instead of this?

All the questions I asked above should probably be answered on your landing page.

Thanks Steve, I appreciate your feedback.

I’ve added some docs to address your questions: https://onepage.nopub.io/p/How-NoPub-works-7218af5e037d45de8922cd09278f9a76

Let me know if I can improve that further.

Currently it only has access to public pages so there are no (additional) security issues.

As to “why not just use Notion”: more publishing features.

Simple features (planned, not yet available):

• you can see basic analytics (how many views)
  • use different themes (built-in as well as custom css)
  • ability to get feedback via mail
  • publish on custom domains
  • features that people will ask for

I’m starting with publishing just one page but I’m planning to expand into more formats, like blogs or books.

Think of it this way: Notion is a CMS (Content Management System). NoPub is a way to publish it in various ways.

To use a concrete example: you have a user guide at https://app.featureupvote.com/docs which seems to be using Manula service.

Long-term I want to compete with services like Manula.

NoPub would offer publishing options as good as them but instead of writing your docs in Manual UI, you would be writing in Notion.

I would love to hear how you’ve chosen Manula.

How did you find out about Manula? Did you do a google search? If yes for what words.
Did you find an article comparing various services?
What other services for hosted docs did you consider?
What made you choose Manula over others? Price, features?

I’ve been using Manula for at least five years, first for Poker Copilot, then for Feature Upvote. I don’t recall how I discovered it. So long ago!