Introducing myself

My name is Henri. I’m based in the Research Triangle Area (Raleigh-Durham) of NC. My background is in Software Engineering (about 20 years).
I 'm exploring right now if entrepreneurship is something for me. Have invested in Real Estate before and I’m quite comfortable in that area.
I want to check out online e-commerce/marketing and see how far I can take it.

1 Like

New here too and hoping for some conversation on my Intro, so thought I’d do the same for yours.

It sounds like you’re in some very early stages here and I’d definitely recommend to start with solving a problem or filling a demand of some kind that already exists in a network you already know.

It’s easy to get wrapped up in our own thoughts of what’s valuable or what will sell, but the market will tell you if you can find a way to tap into it. So instead of trying to come up with the next biggest idea, your efforts should be focused on discovering demand.

At the same time, you don’t always have to strictly follow this. There are times that and innovation comes along that the market didn’t even know it wanted, and you don’t want to miss out on that if you’ve got it. It’s just much more risky to chase.

Do you have any specific plans to get started?