Hi, I've just launched a new side project - Email This

Hey guys,

I have just launched my first side project for 2017. It is a tiny app called “Email This”.

Email This is a simple “email this webpage/article to me” service. It removes ads and distractions from pages and sends you an email with just the text and images.

It is meant to be a simpler alternative to Instapaper or Readability because you don’t have to install additional applications to read your saved articles. You can simply open up your email client and catch up with your reading list.

I was hoping if you guys could try it out at let me know if you find it useful.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Great idea. I also really like the website — the type, the whitespace, everything looks so nice.

I think the alignment of email box is off - should be centered.

Can someone spam someone else with their articles with your service?

No that is not possible. You can only save articles to your own email id because you get a unique bookmarklet only after to confirm your email.

Thanks for pointing this out. Will roll out a fix shortly.

Nice! This is the bookmarklet I usually use, and I send to other people too:

Aka "GmailThis! bookmarklet"
javascript:popw=’’;Q=’’;x=document;y=window;if(x.selection) {Q=x.selection.createRange().text;} else if (y.getSelection) {Q=y.getSelection();} else if (x.getSelection) {Q=x.getSelection();}popw = y.open(‘https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&ui=2&fs=1&tf=1&to=&su=’ + encodeURIComponent(document.title) + ‘&body=’ + encodeURIComponent(Q) + escape(’\n’) + escape(location.href) + ‘&zx=RANDOMCRAP&shva=1&disablechatbrowsercheck=1&ui=1’,‘gmailForm’,‘scrollbars=yes,width=680,height=510,top=175,left=75,status=no,resizable=yes’);if (!document.all) T = setTimeout(‘popw.focus()’,50);void(0);

Tip: the bold text you are using is too subtle to be noticed unless I am highlighting the text.

This is a nifty bookmarklet!
Also, regarding the bold text, I have rolled out a fix now. Thanks for pointing it out.

1 Like