Hi! I'm Reuven! I teach Python all over the world... and also online

Hi, everyone! I’ve had my own consulting business since 1995, when I moved from the US to Israel. My business has gone through a few iterations, but for at least 10 years, I’ve mainly been doing Python training.

Most days, I’m teaching Python on site to high tech companies; my repeat clients include Apple, Cisco, Ericsson, IBM, Intel, Western Digital and VMWare. In the last year, I’ve taught in the US, Europe, Israel, India, and China.

But I also have a growing online business, selling recorded Python courses and also a set of courses I call “Weekly Python Exercise.” Each WPE course (there are currently 6 different ones) involves getting a new problem on Tuesday and the solution on the following Monday, with a private forum and monthly office hours.

I also have a weekly newsletter (“Better Developers,” with about 13k subscribers) with weekly 1500-word Python lessons, a much smaller newsletter (Trainer Weekly) about the business of training, and a YouTube channel where I frequently post Python tips. I was, until it shut down last month, a monthly columnist for Linux Journal since 1996. And I continue to be a panelist on the Freelancers Show podcast, where we talk about… freelancing.

I continue to be amazed by the fact that I’ve been in business for so long, and that things continue to go well – we paid off our mortgage a few years ago, I’m married with three kids, and we’re doing OK. But I’m always looking for new ideas and techniques for growing my online business so that I can teach less in person and concentrate on creating new content and courses.

4 Likes

Hi Reuven,
Remember you from the ancient times when I read a Linux Journal in print. Liked your articles very much!

1 Like