Hi! I’m Manuel. I’m originally from Barcelona, although I’m slow travelling at the moment (currently in Bali).
On 2009 I quit my job to focus on onSwingers.com, a dating site for swingers in Spain, which went on to become a pretty good lifestyle business. On 2012 my co-founders and I had a falling out and we split up. They kept that business and I launched a similar site focusing on the Latin American market instead: SwingLiving.com. Raised a small amount from friends but still consider the business to be bootstrapped as we don’t plan on raising any more money and are quite frugal with our expenses.
I have a technical background and developed the site myself from scratch.
In order to keep my sanity I also have other side projects, some of them with co-founders, including:
- eneTracker.com: an energy tracking and efficiency product and service for Spanish medium and large businesses. I run this with my cousin and his partner.
- MyNewCity.co: a concierge service for people visiting or moving to Barcelona to help them with any questions they may have. I run this with my wife.
- MovieWishlist.com & CofounderAgreement.com: both still in prototype stage, feedback appreciated, probably will finish them in the next 2-3 months. Not enough time!
My business goals for 2014 are:
- $200K revenue for SwingLiving and launch in two new countries
- Fully finish and generate a few thousand in revenue for both MovieWishlist and CofounderAgreement
- Launch another business I’m working on and make a few thousand in revenue
- Get better at marketing and growing completely new products/businesses
- Blog once a week, no matter what, at manuelflara.com
I’m glad to have found this community and will happily answer any questions you may have