Hi, I'm Dave and from Airdrop.io

Hi everybody.

I’ve been reading the forum for a while and have finally decided to introduce myself.

A while ago, I built a tool for my own use that aggregates the data I check regularly (Twitter, Google Analytics etc…) and sends it to me in one daily email, along with an indication of how I’m doing since the last email (for example, has my Twitter following gone up or down since yesterday?).

It occured to me that if it’s useful to me then other people might want to use it too, so I have released it as Airdrop.io

Firstly, I just want to see if people have a use for it and be sure that it can scale beyond one user before I think about whether people would actually pay for such a thing. :smile:

Great to meet you all, I look forward to asking lots of ‘how do you get your first customer’ type questions in the near future! :slight_smile:

…Dave

Looks neat - one thing I’d want to be reassured of in the marketing copy is what kind of access to my accounts it takes to do that. I know twitter and github both have API’s - how about Google Analytics?

To me though, it’s not at all worth paying for. Maybe others would, and finding who will is going to be the first thing you need to figure out - good luck!

Thanks, I will definately add that to the copy on the home page.

All the data is from the relevant API and they all use OAuth so you I don’t need to touch any passwords, I request read-only access only where possible. I’ll add this to the copy.

I also don’t know if there’s a market for this that will pay, it was a pet project for my use that was simple enough to turn into something others can use. I suppose I’ll find out soon enough whether there is a paying market for it. :slight_smile:

I see it being used to send these metrics to multiple people in an organisation on a daily bases so everybody is aware of any change that might have a business impact. That was my use case, but I don’t know if it’s a common need.

I have plans to add other providers that might add more value, if there is a demand for the concept in the first place.

Thanks a lot for taking a look and for the honest feedback.