Hi, I'm Darren, consultant and possible bootstrapper

Hi,

I’ve been consulting for 12 years and developing web applications for 15. I’ve been getting more and more interested in bootstrapping something myself over the past 2 years and in the past 6 months I’ve started fleshing things out in earnest. My day job is running a boutique PHP dev consultancy comprising of me and two full-time developers.

I got to this forum from Rachel Andrew’s (great) The Profitable Side Project Handbook, via a reference to the podcast (which I’m now subscribed to). I’ve also been following Justin Jackson’s Product People and Christopher Hawkins’ Chasing Product.

I have at least one idea for a phone app that will add value to an established service but am now mulling over options for some initial content marketing / audience building / smaller first product after coming across the concept only a few weeks ago.

I’ve a blog at Bealers.com that I’ll be possibly evolving to focus more on my target audience and a couple of months back I started the Backendy.com podcast. The latter I started without an eye on audience building, I just had the idea one day and thought I’d JFDI.

Cheers

Darren Beale(rs)

Welcome to the forums Darren!

Good job!

Yes, I liked that book too. I wasn’t sure if spending $39 for something I already knew would be worth it, but it totally was. Read the book twice