Hey folks! New side project :)

Hey folks! New to this bootstrapped forum, but have been a little lurker for a while!

Wanted to tell everyone about a side project that I’ve been working on - CryptoMeNow (dot) com

It’s a daily newsletter for need to know crypto updates, jobs, guides, giveaways and more in less than 3 minutes a day all at your finger tips!

Would appreciate some feedbacks and support! Subscribe if you’re interested! Means a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Crypto as in “cryptography”? or as in “cryptocurrencies”?

Currencies, of course. :roll_eyes:

Does you newsletter cover that elections in Sierra-Leone and Russia are switched to blockchain to be as verifiable as humanly possible? That’s the first major use-case applicable to general population. Or you only interested in price of various “coins”?

This is not correct :slight_smile: Not this year at least. Moreover, there are no elections in Russia, the winner is known way before the procedure is started.

Yes, sorry, my English is not too good with tenses. It is being converted to blockchain.

I’m not 100% sure the blockchain is required for the task - digital signatures should be sufficient, methinks, but than again, Tesla was not required on the FH; so is using fashionable keywords can grease the wheels better.

There are elections in Russia, and the results reflect the popular opinion.

It is a fault of the opposition that they cannot find a candidate who can be seen as qualified for the post.

It is a fault of the opposition that they cannot find a candidate who can be seen as qualified for the post.

Sure it is. It’s also their fault that they let Putin poison them, throw them in jail on bogus charges. It’s their fault for letting Putin take control of all media, changing the laws to make organizing and promoting opposition illegal etc.

But I digress.

What I really wanted to rant about is the fact that this kind of “crypto” is currently 99% scan and 100% hype bubble. You can either use it to take advantage of suckers or be a sucker yourself. And as the saying goes, if you don’t know which one are you, you’re the sucker.

Or do like me and stay away from anything that has “cryptocurrency” or “blockchain” in it.

1 Like

:smiley: I can only suggest to stop reading the mass media. The head gets clearer after a while.

Blockchain is not necessary a scam. It is just a model for delegation of the digital signatures. In some sense, the domain certificates are a blockchain, too. Any delegation has its weeknesses, but its strong side, as I see it, is decentralization. If we had one CA, that would be a major single point of failure and a very busy organization, indeed.

Do we need blockchain for elections? I’m not sure, not enough knowledge on my part. But if it provides a way to confirm - with a cryptographically strong guarantee - that a given voice is counted the way the owner of that voice believes it should - it would be a major breakthru in the election mechanics.

As for digital currencies, I agree: mostly hype mixed with scam, and it is not clear which is more.

Yes, “get rich quick” is the main reason for most people to get involved with cryptocyrency. There’s another application, and it’s being used in my city: cryptocurrency is used to sell drugs. They even pay their drug dealers salary with crypto!

Oh, come on :slight_smile: There’s no one to choose from, that’s the point. They took good care of it. Blockchain, neuro networks, machine learning, big data, whatever else modern technology - nothing will help here. No matter what, only one man can win elections in Russia. Period. The best optimization here would be to just let him do it without elections at all, thus saving taxpayer money.

Elections have two major goals:

• Select a new ruler
  • Confirm the majority of people supports the new ruler

That’s why even in this case, with 80% popular support, the elections are still important. They provide the legitimacy. And that’s why the efforts of opposition now are aimed at reducing the turnout.

Signing each vote digitally is a strong way to prove both the choice and legitimacy. Again, I’m not sure why blockchain, but I guess it is either decentralization which allows to sign the votes regionally, or the cool factor making for a free PR that helps to promote the project and opens doors.

Putin met with Etherium founder some time ago; everyone thought it was about making a crypto-ruble, but now it is clear it was about election “contracts” in Etherium environment.

Don’t look for a malice where there is a plan stupidity.

I do understand the need for a challenge for government, and I cringe in pain when I see what the opposition does. What a bunch of amateurs!

They were making one blunder after another over the last 15 years. Some was making a show of running to USA embassy to get the support - and created an image of lap dogs in progress. Who made them do it, Putin? No, their own lack of understanding of public views. Another one was asking for money from Japanese in exchange for favorable review of the territorial dispute. Who made him do it? His own greed and lack of principles. Third one - just now - started his campaign by lying about his offshore accounts, and got caught. Putin made him do that? No, his own green and stupidity.

With the current level of popular support, any aspiring politic would be a total fool to stick with the bottom feeders and not join Putin’s camp instead. So whoever will replace him, I expect to arrive from his own ranks.

For anyone who is not from Russia and reading this, please don’t think that 80% of us here really support Putin and his regime and corruption. Officially 13% of population in Russia are poor (monthly income less than $130!). Average salary is $600 and average pension is $200 per month. Most people just don’t care about politics or anything around them as they need to take care of their own survival. Standard of living is too low - that’s why most software developers in Russia target US and EU markets, along with other richer countries. Some Russian software even does not have Russian localization!

Ahem. Wilson, checked out http://cryptomenow.com/ - Well done! A lot of crypto and blockchain have been coming my way lately, and if it can survive its Wild West days, this could really be a major disruptor. Question: how are you getting all that content done? (translation: would like to write for you.)