Hello, I'm Ryan Rosiek from Altum

Before I get too far, I should say that my day job is a system engineer and IT manager for Altum, Inc., which is not my company. That probably puts me a little out of place from the rest of the crowd here in that I do not own my own business. I hope to change that in the future, so I’m here to learn.

Most of my spare time is spent writing and rewriting applications as a discover better ways to do things and always seem to be in a constant pursuit of perfection…which helps me learn, but also doesn’t let me produce much. I do enjoy the process, creating/designing things, so I suppose that’s a start. At some point though, you just need to jump with both feet in. I’m starting down that road now and looking forward (hopefully) to the experience.

I think many of us, who are founders, have started by lurking either on the BoS forums or some other place, learning, gathering motivation, etc, before setting out on a venture of our own.

This is one of the main reasons this forum was started.

Welcome, Ryan! :smile:

As someone who quit first and started lurking/reading later… start reading first.