Hello! I'm Justin Higgins and I know nothing about sales and marketing so I built 24hourhomepage.com

Hello Bootstrapped !

I’m Justin Higgins and I know nothing about sales and marketing.

Let me explain.

I’ve been a professional software engineer for over 10 years now and have wanted to build something of my own. I’ve tried a few side projects but have had a pretty big flaw in my thinking execution:

I never wanted to sell or market my work.

That’s no good.

So I built 24hourhomepage (dot) com in order to get better at sales and marketing.

The service is simple:
There are 86,400 seconds in a day and each is sold as an advertisement. Once each second is sold, the project is over and the site lives on indefinitely as an internet artifact.

Why would I advertise here?

There are endless reasons why people are advertising on 24hourhomepage (dot) com, but here are a few:

1. Cost :moneybag:

Traditional digital advertisements are expensive and often based on pay-per-click (PPC) model. Here, you buy your ad once and keep it forever.

2. Captive and engaged audience :eyes:

24hourhomepage (dot) com visitors want to click an ad. There is no better engagement out there. For viewers who set us as their homepage, they’re not only an engaged audience they’re a captive audience.

3. Have fun with your brand :surfing_man:‍♂

You can “hide” discounts or jokes on the site as easter eggs for your customers. It’s cost effective and lets your customers know you aren’t afraid to have fun.

4. Vanity :gem:

You can tell everyone you “own” a piece of the day. Or buy your sweetie her birthsecond. Or invest in your idea by claiming the link won’t be dead far in the future.

5. Money back guarantee :100:

All sales are made with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you want a refund, you get a refund.

I’d love to hear your feedback :ear:

Email: justin (at) 24hourhomepage (dot) com

1 Like

Congrats on launching. Really fun product! reminds me of the million dollar homepage back in the days but with a more fun and engaging twist.

As a business, my natural first question is: what are your plans to get visitors to your site? It seems like something people might check out 1 time, but has little incentive to return.

Or maybe you are planning other distribution strategy - e.g. having the square embed to other websites / apps?

1 Like

Thanks for your question, yinhowlew! Right now i’m doing direct sales and marketing by reaching out to content creators i think could make engaging pieces (to “hide” for discoverability) and to get the word out a bit more. I’ve considered an embedded advertising strategy but its not in my immediate plans. I’ll consider it again

I’m documenting my efforts at @higgins (medium) and @justinprojects (twitter) if you want to see how I’m growing it.