Having trouble choosing my main CTA

I’ve slowly come to arrive at the opinion that my product, scheduling software for hair salons, is effectively a big-ticket purchase not necessarily in terms of money, but in the sense that you will basically be running your business on top of my product after you become a customer. Independent of price, it’s a high-commitment product that people tend to put some serious thought into before purchasing.

Because Snip is a high-commitment product, I think it’s probably not appropriate for me to ask prospects to get married before the first date. Somehow I have to get the girl’s number (email address) and then get her to hang out with me (engage with me or my material or website in some way). Once that’s going good we can move in together (start the 30-day trial), which is really just a formality before we officially tie the knot (get the credit card on file).

Right now my website sucks and has just one CTA: sign up for a free trial. Per my allegory above, this is not the appropriate commitment level for the primary CTA.

I’m thinking the next version of my site will have the following CTAs:

• Take a tour
  • Download my white paper/mini-course (5 Costly Mistakes When Choosing Salon Software, blah blah blah) and sign up for my email list

I’m not sure what I want for my main CTA. Maybe take a tour? And then have the trial as the secondary CTA?

So I guess my questions are:

1. What do you think my main CTA should be?
  2. Do you think I should require an email address to take the tour (or something) and then start emailing the prospect after that?