Creating a Side Project: 8 Stages, 43 Strategies & 59 Tools

Hey!

I am Rich Clominson, co-founder of Failory, and today I am thrilled to launch a free, practical and complete eBook on how to create your own side project!

It is divided into 8 stages:

• Idea
  • Business Plan
  • Design
  • Development
  • Feedback
  • Launch
  • Growth
  • Monetize

You can download it here:

A bit more of information:

Story

With my 2 co-founders, we have spent the last months building and growing Failory. Until now, we have only spent $41.

A few weeks ago I realized that you need neither much experience, nor a lot of money to build a side project and that there are many easy ways to monetize it. Therefore, I decided to explain the people the exact step-by-step to create their own side project. I started writing this practical eBook some days ago and today I am sharing it with this awesome community.

Author

I am Rich Clominson, co-founder of Failory. I created this eBook based on my experience and with the help of my two co-founders.

Failory is a community where failed startup owners come to tell their failure stories and the mistakes they committed, so that future entrepreneurs can learn from them and don’t make the same errors.

1 Like

Chrome doesn’t like your link. No wait, the corp firewall I am behind doesn’t like it.

This site can’t provide a secure connection

failory.com sent an invalid response.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=failory.com&hideResults=on&latest Looks ok - A-

DNS CAA No (more info) <=== may be the issue?
https://blog.qualys.com/ssllabs/2017/03/13/caa-mandated-by-cabrowser-forum

So… you did not make any, but already giving how-to advises? A book, no less?

Yes, we made some money with our previous business :slight_smile:

Is it working now? I dont understand too much about this.

It was probably some weird problem to do with a News corp firewall I was locked behind. It is works fine on every other thing I tried.

False alarm, I think.

1 Like

A practical guide on how to become a Viking

I’m curious - why should I become a viking for doing a side project? Without a reference/explanation first it just sounds weird. (Did vikings create side-projects when they pillaged the shoreline villages? In some sense, I guess.)

Please fill out this field

When a visitor does not enter their email and click Download, I’d provide a more wordy reason why they should - something along the lines “Hey, we put a lot of work into this guide, and we only ask for your email in return so we can talk more and refine this guide based on your feedback”. And of course to sell you something, duh, but that goes without saying.

Hey! Thanks for your feedback. The reference of the Viking is probably really confusing. We put it just as a joke, but it was not a great idea.

I have built the website in Webflow. Currently, Webflow relies on the browser’s validation, so the message saying “Please fill out this field” cannot be changed. However, I believe they will change it in a short future. Many people are discontented with this feature.

Thanks again for your feedback!

I love the graphics you used for your site. Where did you get this beautiful viking? (I mean did you buy if from some freelancer?)

1 Like

Check out this awesome website :slight_smile:

This site is really cool, thanks!

What about the time invested by you and your co-founders? How much would you have made as employed?

1 Like