Bookkeeping and financials?

I second this! For 3 years I’ve done the bookkeeping myself and tracked the time I spent doing this. Now I pay may accountant and couldn’t be more happy. It’s so much more efficient but mostly I love not thinking about this at all.

I use Outright.com, it was bought by Google last year but I’ve never had an issue. My accountant just logs in at the end of the year and does my taxes. I use ADP to handle my payroll and quarterly taxes.

HI ,
Bookkeeping and Accounting - Two tasks which can not be neglected and yet so Time Consuming and difficult to manage. I am using an online tool i.e. Invoicera for my accounting anbd bookkeeping.
Obviously, we can save our time by switching to online tools and managing tasks is quite easy then. I would recommend you to go for Invoicera . I am experiencing it pretty good. You can also overcome your Online billing, Invicing and time tracking tasks with this tool
www.invoicera.com

There are plenty of options and it seems more replies in
this thread are favoring either Xero or Qickbooks. I think we all have a
tendency to rely on the judgments and suggestions of other people. Therefore, I
will take my chances and recommend you a fabulous product, “OneAccounting
Software” either small, medium or big businesses, it works well for every business.

I will not go into the depth and will not discuss what it
can do and how easily it can do, but I will just ensure you that since I
started using this software, I have never thought of other options and I never
ever wanted to check out the capability of other softwares. I am happy and
content with the outcome and I would be happy, if people like me with small
businesses try this software at least for once.

It does not matter whether you have studied accounting and bookkeeping and it will
never be an issue if you are completely new in the accounting field, within a
few weeks you will be handling this software and your accounts like a pro. It’s
a statement and not a judgement.

If you’re based in the UK, take a look at www.quickfile.co.uk.

Disclaimer: I am one of the co-founders.

Maybe I’m doing something wrong, but I use 3 excel spreadsheets and an accountant for my company.

Sheet 1: Income - money in, with columns for VAT

Sheet 2: Expenses - with columns for VAT and country (EU and non EU) [actually 6 documents, as I have one for each two month VAT period]

Sheet 3: Mileage and Subsistence Payments - payments allowed for under Ireland’s company expenses

All backed up regularly to the same online repository I use for source control (A file is a file - why complicate things?)

I send all of them to my accountant at the end of the year, along with copies of bank and credit card statements. And that’s it. It may be that Ireland’s revenue/tax situation is simpler than the rest of the world’s. Or maybe not - but I do question whether more complex systems for Bootstrap (small-ish) businesses are really required.

[And I’ve just noticed that this is an old thread from 2014. Which is one of the reason I really dislike forums that push posts with new comments to the top.]