Beat me, humiliate me, make me cry. Review my new site

So I took the plunge and renamed my Word Cleaner product to Doc Converter Pro.

The old site is at: https://wordcleaner.com
The new one is at: https://documentconverter.pro

With the new site, I spent a lot of time making sure it loaded fast and also had an easy to read design.

I switched from woocommerce to sendowl for shopping cart, so the buying process is a lot simpler.

I would love it if you could take a moment to have a look at the new site and let me know what you think.

It is looking really, really good. Fast, clear, good call to action, headline communicates clearly, and fully responsive. Having your address, phone number, and company name add credibility.

Some minor ‘quibbles’, only because I feel compelled to find something to criticize:

• You have “Add to cart” buttons but they are actually functioning as “buy now” buttons. There didn’t seem to be any “cart” mechanism to speak of, so change the buttons to “Buy now!”
  • Do you really want to be offering telephone support for a $199 product? If not, I’d remove that promise, unless you are really sure that it is getting you sales you wouldn’t otherwise get.
  • “a 14-day no quibble money back guarantee” - ‘quibble’ is the type of word that trips up international audiences. Also, why not 30-day guarantee, as de facto that is what many of your customers have via credit card chargebacks?
  • you need a heck of a lot more content on the website for SEO purposes, but I guess you know that already and this is just the starting point?

I’d love to hear your feedback on SendOwl.

Thanks Steve for the feedback.

You have “Add to cart” buttons but they are actually functioning as “buy now” buttons. There didn’t seem to be any “cart” mechanism to speak of, so change the buttons to “Buy now!”

You are right. The button graphic came from sendowl but i was able to customise it and i have changed it to buy now.

Do you really want to be offering telephone support for a $199 product? If not, I’d remove that promise, unless you are really sure that it is getting you sales you wouldn’t otherwise get.

Offered phone support for the past 3 years and i get about 5 phone calls a year :wink:

“a 14-day no quibble money back guarantee” - ‘quibble’ is the type of word that trips up international audiences. Also, why not 30-day guarantee, as de facto that is what many of your customers have via credit card chargebacks?

You are right i removed quibble. guaranteeused to be 90 days but I had a scare last year when one user bought several copies for a one off project and I got the feeling he was going to try to get a refund after he had used it for the project so I decided to reduce it.

you need a heck of a lot more content on the website for SEO purposes, but I guess you know that already and this is just the starting point?

Yeah I plan to create landing pages for each file type and I am going to follow Ivan example and blog. Going to write about some of the products we use on the site like sendowl, crisp chat etc

Sendowl is good, a bit limited in someways but dramatically better than woocommerce. I will do a full review soon.

Refresh the page, i added a background to some sections as some users thought it was too stark.

1 Like

Just effing awesome!

I had to fight a two-minute intense urge to scrap and redesign everything on my site - not cool, dude! :smiley:

Except maybe the $99 version doesn’t look like “Personal” - it is more like “Professional” (the user creates their own templates, so they do the conversion for living), and the Lite one is truly Personal. With the current segmentation a non-professional user have to choose between Lite and Personal, and the profi only have the Business version, even if they are not a part of a company.

Also for Lite I would avoid using negative wording (“You cannot do this. You cannot do that, either.”). I’d go with “A fixed number of predefined templates for most common cases.”

Pricing is tricky. I want to say if you are not paying for it yourself just buy the business version :wink:

Happy to take advice on what to call the three levels. Any suggestions?

Interesting about the negative words, I will rethink it.

IMHO Personal, Professional, Business

Lite conveys some artificial limitations to the product.

1 Like

The new web site looks very good. However, there are very few pages, too few places to surf.

Exe file is named DCP1.0.1.exe - I’d name it DocConverterPro.exe or something like this. Customers may forget what DCP is, or fail to locate it in their Downloads folder.

You’re lucky. I don’t offer phone support, but some customers find phone number from domain whois or I don’t know from where else, and call. This happens way more often than 5 times a year. Of course, no support is provided for them, but it’s still annoying. The price tag is $200 too, but the product is more complicated, so that could be what driving those calls. If I were you, I’d remove the phone support option completely until it’s too late :slight_smile: