Does anyone know an integrated SMTP+IMAP server for unix that:
- Supports SMTP over SSL
- Supports IMAP over SSL
- Supports multiple email domains, with a small number of accounts in each (support@, me@, …)
- Doesn’t have any dependencies (databases, external apps, …)
- Comes as a single binary, and not 100500 separate applications that I do not know what to do with
- Supports those email verification things that I do not understand - something to put into DNS or something so that other mail servers trust the sender
- I do not need UI for administration; I actually prefer nginx-style config.
- I’m OK with no spam filter
Couldn’t Google anything similar. The closest one was SMTP+POP3(!), and with no SSL (that is a showstopper).
I have a number of small domains for this and that, and for each of them I have an info@ or support@. About 10 email addresses in total.
Currently they hosted either on fastmail.com, or with the hosting company that hosts the domain WordPress. In pretty much all cases it is extra money (small, but annoying) and extra thing to remember.
Now I’m consolidating my sites into my own DigitalOcean droplet using the static site generators. Issue tracker is hosted there, too - Redmine. So it is logical to have my emails hosted there as well, BUT there is no simple to configure SMTP+IMAP server.
I.e. I’m looking for a simplest in configuration SMTP+IMAP server with modern security and reasonable defaults. I do not have skills and time to configure even Exim, not even mentioning IMAP servers.
IDEA! If nobody knows it, maybe @andrey should write it.That’s a C++/portable thing that he’s good at. $50 one-time price will pay off in one year for me.