Any tips for sponsoring a conference?

I’ve sponsored RabbitMQ summit conference last year, with limited success. Or I’d better say - unknown success, since I can’t tell whether there were any sales coming from that activity. My software is (among other systems), useful for RabbitMQ users as well, so it’s a match for that conference. Last year I offered free licenses to presenters, but only few took on that offer. And I didn’t notice they used my app in presentation as I hoped. So it was not as good promotion as I planned, I basically got a logo on promotional materials, before presentations, etc.

For this year I plan to create leaflets that will be given to attendees with other promotional materials and to put a time-limited discount code on that leaflet. That would maybe result in some sales, but more importantly, it would allow me to have some real data on whether sponsoring is viable at all.

Any other tips on how I can use this opportunity more? Maybe I can tweet a bit, maybe buy some ads to promote that, I don’t know. These kinds of activities are not really my strong point. Also, if I’m a hustler I’d go to the conference myself, mingle, speak enthusiastically about my product, but alas that’s not who I am. Any experiences in similar situations?

2 Likes

@MarkLittlewood - do you have any tips on this topic?

I re-posted this question on Twitter and got a couple of answers. I’ll put each answer in a separate post…

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks Steve for tweeting it. I must say I’m not that surprised with responses :slight_smile:

1 Like