The site in question: https://www.linguaquote.com - a sort of high-end, curated translation marketplace.
Been building this out as a side-project for a number of years now. The product is 90% ready (always something to improve…) and functional, have been using it myself, but of the 3000 ‘regular’ visitors since my last 5-10k+ traffic spikes from decent content, only 200 have visited the registration page, none of whom have signed up.
So before I go ahead and try to drive masses more traffic to the site by content writing and adwords etc., what else can I improve?
###Things I’ve done to some extent:
- Reworked the site copy from boring marketing-speak blurb to something with a bit more character and addressing client concerns.
- Worked (for way too long) on page load time optimisation, ridding third party script loading, caching etc.
- Gone from fixed subscription (with free 30 day trial, requiring CC to weedle out the tyre-kickers) to pay-to-post, with a later subscription option (upsell) if they find it useful. That’s a much more recent change, yet to see any impact though.
###Things I want to do
- Add a video or animated gif of some kind as an intro, with a personable feel
- Add testimonials (have none from clients directly yet, but could ask the translators who have signed up to provide a few?) and perhaps even logos of companies the suppliers have worked with? Or is that too much of a stretch?
- Remove the need to register first, but can’t find a ‘nice’ Drupal way to do that yet.
I think I’m better positioned than I was a year ago, knowing better who I’m targeting, but it’s still obviously not hitting the mark.
Thanks for looking