Who's going to MicroConf Europe?

Sounds good. I’m on for that. Can you suggest where to meet. Perhaps post (or email me) your mobile number and a link to a picture of you. My mugshot is on my blog ‘about’ page, but it won’t let me post a link.

@kulmala The more the merrier!

1 Like

@smcleod It would be good to meet up. Come and find me after my talk, if we don’t manage to cross paths before then.

1 Like

I wish. I’ve managed to miss the last 2 MicroConfs due to a combination of scheduling and idocy.

I am absolutely, 100% going to the US MicroConf in 2014.

Will do…always nice to meet a person in, well, person who you’ve been acquainted with online for some years.

Let’s aim for 5:30 at the Můstek metro station. Můstek is on the B line seven stops from Vysočanská which is about 150 meters from the front doors of the hotel, and since there are a few ways to exit the station, we’ll plan to meet right in the middle of the station platform just as you exit the train.

I’ll contact everyone interested with my mobile number and personal details by mid-week or so.

Will it not be crazy busy on a metro platform at 5:30 on a Friday?

It will definitely be busy, but the platform sits between the two opposing tracks, so it’s wide enough to get out of the way of most foot traffic which will be headed for the stairs. The alternative would be to send people to a meeting point above ground, but as there are at least a dozen different ways to exit the station, I think this option is the safer one.

I won’t be there for the 5:30 meet, unfortunately. Anyone up for some local food and beer a bit later, 7.30/8?

There is a reception at the hotel from 7pm on the Friday IIRC. I intend to go to that. Not sure if it involves food.

@danielstudds: I’ll go to the reception as well, but find me there, and we’ll look for a hole in the conference schedule to get you some local fare.

@chriskottom Will see you there at 5:30. Will PM you my mobile number. Anyone else going to come along?

Hi everyone,

I’m still a new user in Discourse, so I’m not able to send out private messages, only reply to them. So if you’re interested in joining up for a walk around the city center before the reception and want to get my phone number just in case, please drop me a PM, and I will respond.

@Andy @chriskottom Tobias and I would also join, I will send a separate PM/email.

I’m coming to MicroConf too - will arrive at Prague airport 4:30pm on Friday, then I will move to the Clarion hotel.

See you there!

@thibaut_barrere See you there!

@chriskottom @Andy The welcome gathering is starting already at 18:30, so I think I’ll skip the city walk after all. See you at the conference!

@chriskottom I would quite like to be at the reception when it starts. Now that has been moved forward to 6:30. Meeting up at 5:30 doesn’t really leave enough time for a walk and getting back to the hotel. Perhaps we can meet at the reception instead and then see about arranging a walk later that evening or over the weekend?

@dennis I will probably head into the city centre from the hotel at 2 or 3pm on the Friday. I will text/phone you to see if you are around then.

@andy, @dennis: Yes, given the time change, it’s probably not going to work out. I’ll see you both at the reception, and we can see if there’s a break in the schedule sometime during the weekend.

@andy @chriskottom Sounds good!

I’m going. How many people who were at MicroConf Vegas in May will be there?