Shareware Amateurs vs. Shareware Professionals

Those of you who have been around for some time are probably familiar with Steve Pavlina. This article of his is something I go back and read regularly, and I’ve probably read it 10+ times by now because it’s so clarifying, inspiring and instructive. The article is pretty old but you can just replace “shareware” with “SaaS” and all the principles still apply.

http://www.sodaware.net/dev/articles/shareware-amateurs-vs-shareware-professionals.htm

3 Likes

It’s a very good read. The idea of improving, improving, improving your product, relentlessly, in many ways is my mantra.

Yup. People used to ask me kind of a lot - although they don’t anymore - when I knew it was time to throw in the towel. My response is always that once I’ve tried everything that can be tried and I’m still not successful, then I’ll consider moving on.

Three years in I still haven’t even scratched the surface of all the things I could be doing marketing-wise, and like Steve Pavlina suggests I’m systematically identifying and plugging the large and numerous holes in my sales funnel.

Thanks for the share! Made me read about a few more of his posts.