Richard from South Africa

I can’t believe I only found out about this forum now! Good timing, though, since I’m really keen to find a smaller forum than HN that’s focused a bit more on bootstrapper needs.

I’m Richard from Johannesburg, South Africa. I used to post on the old BOS forum around the time I was focused on Tudumo. I’ve been tinkering with a couple SaaS apps, at least one of which I’ll release in the next few months. I’ve been listening to various bootstrapper podcasts over the last year, but somehow missed this forum. It already feels like ‘my people’ :smile:

One semi-goal is to possibly get to a conference this year, possibly Microconf EU. Let’s see how that goes.

1 Like

Hi Richard. Good to have you here.

Thanks, Andy. I’ve obviously kept up with your blog but nice to see you in a forum again.

Hi Richard, welcome to the forum. I was an avid Tudumo user when I was still using Windows a couple of years ago. It was a great app. I’ve been thinking lately that a simple text-based todo app (possibly as a SaaS for syncing + native apps) could actually do quite well. I know it’s a very crowed market, but I noticed that many people keep coming back to text files or Mac’s synchronized Notes app to manage their to-dos (me included).

Something basic with super fast input/marking items as done/grouping etc. Possibly adding support for teams later. Maybe market it as Todos for Hackers. :slight_smile: If somebody is interested in working on this, let me know and I’m happy to share additional ideas/provide input.

Hi Dennis! Yup, licensed 20 May 2009 - I still have your license if you ever need it :smile:

I’m always amazed at how many ways there are to solve such a simple and common problem. There will always be new todo lists, I think.

If you’re on the Mac, check out http://www.hogbaysoftware.com/products/taskpaper - seems similar-ish to what you’re talking about. Jesse’s also a really nice guy.