Hey everyone, I don’t normally like to promote my own posts on bootstrapped.fm, but I just published a 3,000+ word strategic guide for startup PR strategy, thought others here might find it valuable:
Article: PR Strategy for Startups
Summary of Topics:
- What does PR Cover?
- Why worry about PR?
- Hire a Firm or Go it Alone?
- When to Start
- What Should I Be Seeking Press About?
- What Not to Pitch
- PR Strategy Step 1: Distill Your Message
- PR Strategy Step 2: Make a List
- PR Strategy Step 3: Gather Data
- PR Strategy Step 4: Engage
- PR Strategy Step 5: Become a Thought Leader
- How to Reach Out [To a Journalist]
- More Information
I’d love to hear what you think, especially if you have any more tips to add. I’m looking to interview more people about PR strategy in the bootstrapping community to enhance this material, so please share your additional insight!