MicroConf Europe 2016

This has just been announced. Same location as last year.

MicroConf Europe
31 July - 2 August 2016
Barcelona

2 Likes

For anyone else who, like me, had no idea what MicroConf is:

MicroConf Europe - The Conference for Self Funded Startups.

Looks like it could be really cool, definitely something I’ll be keeping an eye on.

Edit: Having said that, this concerns me:

We don’t compare MicroConf to the $99 conferences where investors fund the conference and get to set the agenda.

Setting a real ticket price dramatically improves the quality of the content and the people (both speakers and attendees).

Does anyone have an idea of how much a ticket will be, or how much they were last year? Can’t seem to find a price on the site.

Also, aiming a conference at bootstrapped / single-founder startups, but not being at the cheaper end of the conference ticket pricing spectrum seems to be at odds :confounded:

MicroConf was roughly 600 euros last year. It is a lot cheaper than, say the Business of Software conference. But definitely a sizeable amount of money for a new business.

Most of the people I talked to in 2015 and 2013 (the two times I attended) already have been running a small software business for at least a couple of years.

Looking forward to going this year. I’ve held off previously as I always felt I was better investing my time/money in my nascent business ventures rather than learning a bunch of stuff I was to early on to apply. Maybe I’ll regret that when I find out what it’s like :slight_smile:

Anyway, going to double check the dates but pretty sure I’ll be there.

Ah, while I’ve been running my own business for 8 years, I’ve only been bootstrapping BugMuncher for 6 months. Think my limited runway will be better spent elsewhere this year, but hopefully next year I’ll be there :slight_smile:

I went to MicroConf last year, good group of people and some interesting talks. Still in touch with at least half a dozen or so people as a result of attending and while I don’t know if I can justify returning again I’d recommend anybody who hasn’t been to try it once - even if the price tag does seem eye watering at first, it’s a valuable experience.