I’d like to introduce FormulaDesk [ www formuladesk com ] (sorry, I can’t post a proper link due to forum rules)
FormulaDesk is an Excel add-in that adds new capabilities to Excel to make working with formulas easier and quicker.
The current feature-set is aimed at beginner and intermediate Excel users, although I’m sure that Excel experts will find it useful as well.
Pain it addresses:
- Debugging complex/long formulas is quite difficult and time-consuming:
- How is the final value calculated? FormulaDesk shows the intermiate steps/values.
- Tracking where an error occurs in a long/complex formula is difficult. FormulaDesk shows the user exactly where the error is.
- Viewing the precedents/descendents of a cell is more time-consuming that it should be. To see their value, precedent cells must be navigated to, then navigated back from. FormulaDesk displays precedents in a live mode - just click other cells and it continually updates. It also displays a screenshot of cells as you hover over the arrow so you don’t need to navigate there.
- *Complex formulas can be easier to understand if broken into many sub-formulas. FormulaDesk will do this for you, and write to a new sheet.
Anyway, I’d love to hear any suggestions/adivice/thoughts at all, but especially regarding marketing ideas, the product itself and the website.
Thanks so much!