@Damien I think that @amyhoy's sales safari is the answer. Either that, or you get an advisor like jonathan stark and learn to make your first consulting sale, then go from there (if 1 person buys, there are more waiting for you).
Note: I haven't ever bought any of amy's stuff, although I plan to buy 30x500 soon.
Links: https://30x500.com/academy/ http://yearofhustle.com/ / https://expensiveproblem.com/
= mini-article I wrote to myself the other day =
Why do I think sales safari's work?
Audience/watering-hole questions are the ultimate combination of positioning and niching, b/c they give you:
- specific language to re-use later
- specific problem OR specific problem they encountered while pursuing a particular fix
- specific solution they are pursuing
- specific business outcome they want
- (maybe) specific dream of theirs
- specific mix of prospect size/revenue/whatever other defining characteristics which converge into a market positioning
- specific person who definitely needs your help/advice
- specific person who needs at least the lowest tier of solution-ing from you. lowest value: tell them how to solve; medium value: software to help them solve; highest value: solve it for them. (idea via @patio11)
- (maybe) urgency; in which watering hole it occurred to them to ask the question
- ??? (more stuff here probably that I haven't noticed yet) ???
I think this is probably the heart of why research/sales-safari/30x500 works so well.
Related idea: how to find watering holes: look at a question that you have seen asked in one watering hole by someone who runs a business you are researching. B/c google works, you google it, then find other places that people have asked this question.
Another idea: look for lists of book recommendations for the people in a given niche to figure out what they care about and want to learn. If they don't desire the business and life outcomes of what you're selling... you will never sell.
Another idea: anything that can answer one of the brain audit testimonial† questions is a great thing to swipe for a sales page later.
† https://brainaudit.com/ by Sean De'Souza (I've bought 4 copies for myself and friends and clients)