Hi, I’m Gary working on Dropbox for Emails

The Site:

Sharemoto.io encourages users to add hashtag to organize important email contents for later review.

For personal use, it acts as Evernote for Email. In a team setting, emails no longer need to be CC because users can follow hashtags threads and email conversations becoming a Sharepoint / Dropbox for Emails.

Demo:

Video Demo & Design Mockups - http://garyyauchan.com/sharepoint-for-emails#gallery-311-2

Me:

I’m a self-taught developer and a designer focusing in the Enterprise space.

Problems Being Solved:

1. Personal - Help organize your important emails and group conversation threads regardless of subject header. e.g. #taxes #feedback #mentor #mom #sister #anniversary_2014 #student_loan #mortgage

2. Team Projects - Much of the content lives in the emails. Hashtagging relevant and milestone project emails into a central team access hub. This enable project progression tracking as oppose to creating a separate project log or copy and paste to a Wiki. Similar to Sharepoint for Emails.

3. Work - Replaces overwhelming, unnecessary or less-critical CC’ed emails. Instead, invite users onto a Hashtag thread for them to read at their own time. Similar to Google Docs.

4. Search - Existing Search features are inadequate, jumbles up core and non-core contents. Really requires the user to remember the content/context of the email before search can begin.

5. Sharepoint - Mostly use as storing files. Lacks files context and project description.

Use Cases:

Personal Archiving: Targeting managers and team lead, and those professionals who have multiple conversation theme and topics. e.g. #taxes #feedback #MicrosoftConference #references #intros #mentee #project_A #VC_deck

Team Collaboration and Email Transparency: Spread usage to teams about project updates, and invite others to view. e.g. Finance team can also view #storage strategies emails

Challenges:

1. For personal use cases, why is it better than Starring, Tagging, Folder-ing in Gmail or Outlook?

2. User might question when/what to hashtag.

3. How can I get more beta testers? Sign up @ www.sharemoto.io