Hello, I'm Greg. I'm learning how to build and sell things

Hi All, I’ve been lurking around for the past few weeks and decided to introduce myself. My name is Greg and I’m marketer/MBA/nerd who lives in southwest New Hampshire. I know enough Ruby/Rails to be dangerous but I wouldn’t consider myself to be a web developer (yet).

Over the last few months I’ve been building an educational product in my spare time. I’ve learned a lot in the process and have even managed to make a little over $500 in pre-sales. Once things are up and running, I believe that it will turn into a nice little income stream that takes minimal maintenance. I’ve considered blogging about my process.

I’m also a co-founder of contract building software called Hourglass. My partner and are I starting to see some steadier traffic (~2k/month) and are looking to launch and optimize over the next couple months.

I’m excited to join the community and look forward to learning as much as I can.

1 Like

Awesome Greg, welcome aboard! Being a great programmer is only important later, early on making something that is useful is most important.

Ian, thanks for the good advice. For now, I definitely try and limit my programming studying time. I agree and think it’s more important to focus on products that pay.

Welcome Greg! Wow – you’re already successful. Bootstrapping is a lot of fun – specially when your product is useful to others. Let us know of your progress.