Hello, I'm Gabor, a newbie working on a SaaS product

Hello!

Let me introduce myself, my name is Gabor Vitez and I’ve been working on saasdashboard.io recently. It’s a stripe analytics product, with emphasis on custom, fits-your-brain analytics. It’s my second SaaS product (the first one was an total failure :smiley: ), and I’m looking for alpha testers and feedback.

I hope to build something that will appeal to those of you who want an analytics software that is both easy to use out of the box, and can be fine tuned for your specific business and thinking style.

My background is CS, mainly Python + Java programming and Linux system administration, so there is room for improvement on the business and front-end development side :slight_smile:

How is it going? Any sales yet?

The text is good, but the image looks very kiddy, like the cover of a junior school maths book. Perhaps you should get rid of it. If you must have an image, put screenshots of your app, or even better, videos.

While the pain part is good, I’m still not sure how you can fix my problem. Yes, having better analytics is a good thing. But what are you selling that will solve my problem?

Maybe a video going over what your app does would help.

Hi Gabor and welcome!!

I will feedback quickly on the front-end, since I don’t use Stripe so I can’t really test the functionality :smiley:. And I will focus on the negatives, because I think that’s more helpful if you want to improve. These are all subjective notes of course, but taking some of the following ideas, I’ve been able to increase e.g. conversion rates and engagement on my own website.

I really do think the sales page needs a bit of work - I know it sucks to read that, but I also heard it a few times for my website, and since I couldn’t really afford a designer, I started learning more about design & typography & “web psychology” and this gave me the tools to work on the user experience.

To start out, I would suggest to

• just use Bootstrap for the theme (once you feel confident enough about the design, you can try other things) [http://getbootstrap.com/][1]
  • use much shorter texts (it’s just a LOT of bullet points - it should be directly visible after 2 seconds on the webpage what the user can get out of your app), people don’t read on the web, they scan
  • perhaps the safety of the app should be very visible e.g. perhaps instead of “Connect with Stripe” it should be a “Select Package” and then on the next page you show how safe your app is (e.g. stating your CS background, etc), and THEN “Connect with Stripe”
  • Also, I wouldn’t use too much “expert-language”, e.g. I would understand what “LTV/CAC ratio” means but it will take about a minute, and I wouldn’t have the patience online :-). A sentence directly at the beginning: “Find out how much your customer is REALLY worth.” or so might be easier to digest and to get the main idea.

I really liked the book “Don’t Make Me Think” by Steve Krug, that helped me with a lot of barriers in my head :-).

Sorry to focus just on the negatives here, but I hope it helps a bit.

Regards, Oliver
[1]: http://getbootstrap.com/

I’d use a different header image – agree with @shantnu about replacing it with screenshots or video, and about making the problem/solution clearer. Also do something to prioritize the text (figure out what’s important and make that bigger). It’s pretty long.

Thanks for the friendly criticism :slight_smile: There were no sales yet, I think at this point expecting just feedback is more realistic.

The suggestions make sense, so the young boy will have to go and I’ll clarify and change the message. After reading the replies it seems I’m looking at sales pitch from the wrong angle. Just thinking to myself maybe the benefit is not communicated clearly enough? Or the way the application delivers that benefit.

@OliverAdria the idea on the safety of the application is great, I’ll probably collect some more reasons along that line, this should really help with the resistance.

The rationale for this kind of pitch page was that long form sales pages convert better, and it’s a good idea to speak the buyer’s language. However the buyer’s language was based on an assumption, and could be totally wrong. Another (possibly wrong) assumption is that people already know more complex metrics that would benefit them, so they know what they want.

And a third assumption is that business owners would not hesitate to do a bit of scripting to get advanced metrics… Now I feel dumb :smiley:

Take a look at Baremetrics Their landing page does a good job of providing the “show, don’t tell” experience some customers look for. I’d also suggest reading their blog, Josh Pigford, has been very open and candid about how the idea came about, how he validated it and how he is marketing it.

1 Like