Just sharing numbers:
- Sign up. Automatic 14-days trial starts.
- First 3 days are critical. We monitor every step and we proactively send “how to” emails.
- If user has not logged in for more than 2 consecutive days (weekends excluded) during the trial - we have lost the lead.
- If user is actively engaged, we are offering customized demo (we ask for use cases). In 90% of cases it happens in the second week of the free trial.
- For actively engaged users we typically extend trial 2 times.
- Typically, it takes 40 days to convert the lead to customer.
- An average number of hours per week spent on supporting actively engaged user (before converting lead to subscription): 8
If somehow I could reduce it to 1-2 weeks I would be driving Ferrari.