Could you take a look at my very first landing page?

This is a pre-lunch page. Except for this, nothing has been done yet.

https://learnobit.com/

I deliberately didn’t use the landing page template, because I wanted to start out on a very small scale, but those seem too pro-pretend and feel vanity. (I’m also tired of the photos of people smiling at the laptop.)

I thought that it was a challenge to make the description detailed while maintaining the page very light and simple, and I think I did it somehow.

I would appreciate any feedback you give me.

I did not like it.

The landing page does not have any structure and just seems scattered around in a random fashion. You should add some structure to it - make a menu, split content into logical sections.

Prioritize your content more - do a smaller logo (ask yourself, does your logo really that important and bring any message to the user?), bigger header (this brings the main message), maybe add a subheader. Now, everything is at the same scale, so when you come to your page it is hard to tell where should I look.

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback. If I try to make the page more structured, I think I need to revise it all over, let me think what to do.

It was also a good point to place content based on how important it is to users. Maybe I was somewhat vain to have a big logo on it.

Are you wanting feedback on just the landing page design or the product itself? If it’s just the landing page design, I think it looks very sterile and could use more color to it.

1 Like

Thank you. I’d love to have feedback on both of them, but my product is now for Anki users only, so I was just looking for feedback on the landing page.
Anyway, what you pointed out was somewhat intended to make the page look as humble as possible. But if that’s what people think, I’ll think again.

What is anki? A link would help.

Anki is a spaced repetition flashcard program.

My first target users are those who are already familiar with using Anki. For now. So I omitted about that.

As a conversion rate optimization manager who focuses on landing pages:

1. Suggest leading with a problem based headline like: “Feel like your memory isn’t working at full capacity?”

2. Subhead: “Learn everything easier, faster, and better. LearnOrbit helps you organize, memorize, and retain everything you learn.”

3. Your product cannot be both easier and more painful. They’re mutually exclusive ideas and only one of them is worth paying for.

First impressions - This might sound harsh, so don’t take it personally. We all have to learn from feedback.

I don’t know what this is. Who is it for and how does it make my life better.

Take this text:

If you’re crazy about Learning , let this welcome you

^ What does this line mean? Remove this. It has no value.

Organize, Memorize, and Retain everything you learn
^ This is much better. You should make this the main head line.

It wants you to do them all – Quickly, Easily, And Efficiently
(And slightly more Painfully, but as a keen learner, that shouldn’t scare you)
^ This is not useful at all. Not sure what your website is for yet.

(Short Answer: It’s a web app that uses algorithms for learning based on Spaced Repetition,
along with a specialized note-taking tool)
^ Getting there. Still not sure. And why short answer?

By this stage, I am leaving your site.

Also first image is not serving any purpose. If it’s screenshot of the app, I am not impressed. Put a screenshot below the headline.

There’s good stuff on the webpage, but it’s hard to find and figure out why anyone should care. I had to really read it and that’s because I am trying to be helpful. Most people will look, get confused and leave.