Bootstrapped 64, "A Carl Sagan Joint"

http://bootstrapped.fm/bootstrapped-episode-64-a-carl-sagan-joint/

This week Andrey doesn’t tell me I’m on the wrong mic until half way through and we also cover acronyms, Jessica Jones, babysitter acquisition strategies, How Are Sales Today update, HelpSpot update, we go through Andrey Butov’s favorite movies and TV shows.

Thanks to Backup Pro for sponsoring this weeks show. Get 50% off with coupon code bootstrapped.fm

Andrey may be sort of right about acronyms, but…“hast” is an English word, thereby making “HAST” an acronym.

eg. “thou hast called thy new software ‘Hast’”. Hast is archaic, but still valid in Scrabble and crosswords (two of my hobbies).

1 Like

Yes!!! This is making me very happy.

I’m so glad you guys have been back “on the air” in past few months. When it went quiet a few episodes back I didn’t realise you were on a break, I thought you’d given up! Thankfully I was mistaken. Thanks for another great show.

I really liked Andrey’s movie and tv show lists. Nothing like a bit of off topic gassing to make a commute fly by, and some great great recommendations in there.

Here’s my 15’ish minute list cause I’m at work after all:

Movies

• Millers Crossing
  • Brewster’s Millions
  • Uncle Buck (in fact just put anything with John Candy in the list)
  • Three days of the Condor
  • Marathon man
  • The Conversation (it’s clear I’m older than you guys)
  • Young Frankenstein
  • Themroc (crazy French movie but worth a watch)
  • Midnight Run
  • Blood Simple
  • Animal House
  • Serpico
  • Dog Day Afternoon
  • Catch-22 (under-rated I think, but with Alan Arkin, Martin Sheen, Jon Voigt, Orson Welles, Charles Grodin and way more huge names in one hell of a cast. I thought it was a great adaptation)
  • Taking of Pelham 123 (original not rubbish new one)
  • Mean Streets
  • Wages of Fear (excellent 1950’s French movies, super tense)
  • Being John Malkovich
  • A Prophet (another great French movie)
  • Broadway Danny Rose
  • Tin Men
    That’s enough movies for now

TV Shows

That’s enough TV for now.

Anyone got good tips for good viewing? If so, please send my way. I don’t have much time either, but if I stay up too late I can get some quality viewing in.

Cheers and keep up the good work :smile:

1 Like