Anyone tried GetApp.com?

I’ve been thinking about using these sites for my app. I’ve looked a long list of these sites [1]. Many of them are pay to play period, with minimum campaigns in the hundreds of dollars, which to me isn’t viable to be able to just tap my toe into the water to see the effectiveness of the site.

For now, I’m sitting out getting listed on these sites. In fact, I do not want my app listed on them because some of them have better SEO than me, so it’s feasible that for certain keywords (brand name, or very closet to it), they will come up ahead of me and then I have to pay them just to get my own traffic back.

[1] Short list of ones I looked into include TrustRadius, Software Advice, BestVendor, FindTheBest, AppAppeal, Cloudswave, GetApp, Alternativeto, SocialCompare, IT Central Station, G2 Crowd, TopAlternatives and DiscoverCloud.

2 Likes

I talked to GetApp, but they wanted $4 a click. Based on a 10% conversion rate + 5% conversion to paid trial, that works out at about $800 customer acquisition cost - too high for me.

However, Capterra works great for me. The key is to avoid the general categories such as “Project Management”. Instead for a niche such as http://www.capterra.com/call-recording-software/ where there is only one other advertiser.

Secondly, always go the minimum bid (currently $2 per click). Their calculator showing how many clicks you’ll get depending on the bid is well, wrong. You’ll get decent traffic at the minimum bid (especially if there’s only a handful of other advertisers) and the CAC is now at $400, which is more manageable.

1 Like

With all those anonymous users leaving positive reviews… I’m starting to understand how getapp/capterra/etc rank #1 on so many keywords, haha

3 Likes