A book's worth of SaaS bootstrapping knowledge free

About eight years ago, I bootstrapped an application as a sole founder. About five years in with a pretty comfortable six-figure annual revenue, I wrote a book about that experience. Now, three years later, having just sold the application earlier this year, I’m starting on an overhauled second edition of my book. In the meantime, I’ve been publishing chapters from the first edition for free on Medium. There’s about 30 chapters now with the rest coming over the next couple of weeks. Just realized it was something that folks here could probably benefit from. Hope it helps.

7 Likes

Something else I can read to avoid working on my own app :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for putting that out there.

Any reason why you published through medium and not your own domain? Is it a reach thing?

The plan is to invite some other SaaS founders to contribute, and Medium’s publications make that way easier. The easier it is, the more likely I’ll be able to convince others to share there. :slight_smile:

I just finished reading Garrett’s book. If you are considering starting a SaaS, then I think reading this book is a great use of your time. Make sure to keep a pen and paper handy, because as you read, you’ll probably be making plenty of notes!

2 Likes